08 January 2008

the invention of hugo cabret


The latest book i finished is called The Invention Of Hugo Cabret. It takes place in France. It is 536 pages. i read it in 1 day. I'm not a nine year old wonder. Three quarters of the pages are pictures. The pictures tell the story.
My favourite part was when he took the key off the girl without even touching her.I was really surprised when the toy maker saved Hugo from being ran over by the train.I got involved when the toy maker said he would burn the notebook with all the drawings of the automaton.I was never bored in this story. My favourite character was the toy maker. I think he grew the most. He became more open, and less secretive. I liked how he wrote this book. I don't think this could ever happen for real. I think all the characters became much better people.
I really recommend this book.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I disagree Jill. I think you ARE a 9 year old wonder. :0)

....I should read that book too...