15 May 2008

missionary work

So, today at swim club i said hi to Carson's sister.(Carson is a little boy i know from swim club) then I saw Spencer Hudson from church. Carson's sister came over and asked me how i knew him. i said, "from church"
"are you Mormon?"
"ya"
"do you like being Mormon?"
"ya"
"Why?"
i understand why Jadean from my home school doesn't like being put on the spot! right then i couldn't think of a great answer so i said,
"because its awesome."
then mom pulled up so i left. later i started thinking.why do i like being a latter day saint?this is my answer-
this just makes me happy. When ever i read about the prophets in the magazines i just know he is living prophet of god.i like that the church wont make investigators believe. the church will encourage you not force you. i like that everyone in the church is like one big family. I like the feeling that i get after a great lesson. i like writing talks.
If you want to know more please let me know and it would rule if i got a bunch of comments on this post.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you feel that way Jill. The church makes me happy too. IO think it all goes back to that scripture we memorized....Mosiah 2:41

The Family Called Hyde said...

Hey Jill, What an amazing girl you are to have that all figured out this early in life. Heavenly Father promised us that when we do what is right we will be happy. It is good that you can already understand that. You are one special granddaughter!!
Love
Grandma