05 June 2008

Finally I Moved Up!

Today was the last day of swim club for the year. I achieve my goal to get to stage 4. We did 4 length of choice for warm up. I did breast stroke. Then we did a set of 40 50 m free. Then we played penguin. Then we played sharks and minnows. I did considerably well in that game. Then we had free time. I went off the board then I played with a pool noodle. After that my coach (Heather) gave me the good news. I was definitely more excited than the other girls. See, they didn't care much. Unlike me, who was hugging the coaches, dancing in the locker room, things like that.
Now I will be called as an actual competitive swimmer. I will swim 3 times a week instead of 2. I will go to so many more races. I remember Heather saying I was so focused and that I just kept my eyes on the prize.

No comments: