14 December 2008

Bifocal by Deborah Ellis + Eric Walters

okay. my mom made me read this book and i finished it last night. this was not such a bad book. i liked the style it was written in. it had two different perspectives telling the story. one of the Muslim kids and a kid on the football team. i LOVED the end. it was a little hard to get through the middle. i also thought that i prefer Deborah Ellis over Eric Walters.


it was two different people telling the story. Haroon and Jay. one other wrote the Haroon perspective and another wrote the Jay perspective. Eric Walters wrote jay's part. Some people might remember me writing about the bread winner. she wrote this too.

One of the lines i liked was " if she was confident, she wouldn't need to flaunt it." I like this mostly because it is true. there are a couple of girls I could tell that to at school. they would not believe it though. lost cause.

This week I finished 2 books about 210 pages. The only problem is that i don't have any thing to read till Christmas! THIS IS A TRAGEDY!!! the only way to tie myself over until then is to read Asterix comix in french. rrr....

I do recomend this book just for the ending. don't sstop in the dry parts! IF YOU PLAN ON READING THE BOOK SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH!!! one part i thought i could cut in halve was when Walters writes like 4 pages about the football dudes egging the houses. other than that it was awesome.

on the left you will find my video bar. there is one vid that is about the book you could consider watching. that ONE is about the book, the others have absaloutly nothing to do with this post.

jilly billy

No comments: